What would it mean to your station in terms of national ad buys if your shows went from top-10 to top-5? What would it mean for your local sales team if those same shows overtook the competition and you could brand them as the # 1 sports show in your market? Programmers know that one solution is to get your shows to turn a few casual listeners into heavy-deep fans of the station. Another solution is to get those heavy-deep listeners to listen 15-30 more minutes per week.
Simple, right? Not so fast my friend.
Even though we know what needs to be done, getting our talent to do it consistently is near next to impossible. Believe it or not, there is a solution. But first, it’s important to note the difficult nature of the job hosts are tasked with every time they crack the mic’.
For those who have never done it, hosting a radio seems easy. “All you do is talk sports for 3-4 hours every day. How hard could that be?” For those of us who have done it, we know that it can be that easy, but it can also be a high-wire act in which any mistake you make is witnessed by thousands of people who are willing to gleefully correct you in any manner of ways. On top of that pressure, as a host, you are tasked with:
- Properly setting up content of all different varieties
- Resetting that topic in a manner that allows everyone listening to participate in the conversation.
- Promoting the great content you have planned for later in the show.
- Teasing the content you have coming up in the coming minutes.
- Promoting great content via social-media before, during and after a show.
Oh, by the way, you have to be fun, entertaining and insightful on a myriad of topics that could change at a moments notice. Not so easy when you lay it all out. So while there may be many solid hosts doing sports talk radio, there are very few great ones who can do it all. But that’s not to say we can’t help them be great on a regular basis. As a matter of fact, there is someone in your building right now who can help them with all of this. Someone who can help them properly:
- Set up content
- Promote ahead
- Promote great content via social-media.
Not only that, but they can help them do it in a manner that is near-perfect every single time. Who is this person?
It’s the producer.
I can show your producer how they can help hosts do all the things necessary in taking a show with great content but poor execution to the next level. How to lead a show to become a machine that not only delivers greatness consistently, but also entices audience to return for more. It’s a blueprint I used that delivered ratings success while…
- Producing shows on a national level (doubling and tripling of share M25-54 year to-year)
- Producing shows on a local level (low teens to # 1 A25-54 in 6-months)
- Hosting shows on a local level (# 1 with a 9.2 share fall/11.3 Winter M25-54)
- And as a program director of a sports station (50% increase in share M25-54 in 9-months)
It works and it can work for you.
With my services, I will…
- Come to your market and teach hosts and producers how to plan a show
that they will be passionate about that also resonates with the
- Teach producers how to help hosts execute and promote great content every single segment on-air, online and vial social media.
- Monitor shows and deliver report cards that keep everyone aiming for the same target.
- Most importantly, follow-up with constructive critiques that ensure consistency.
Feel free to reach out to discuss how I will help hosts, producers and programmers make their bonuses while becoming a dominant force in your market for years to come.
Investing in your talent now will pay dividends for years to come.
[wpecpp name=”Retainer fee” price=”$500.00″]